For decades, Hohenstein has made a significant contribution to ensuring the effectiveness of detergents and washing agents.
When conducting the tests in our well-equipped household laundry technology facilities, our specialists compare the cleaning effect, primary and secondary washing effects, labeling conformity, disinfection, and affect on the washed item.
- Removal of natural stains
- Removal of dirt on test fabrics
- Cleaning effect and/or dirt dispersing capability
- Loss of firmness and/or chemical damage of the washed item
- Inorganic and/or organic fabric encrustation
- Retention of color tone and/or surface protection
- Color transfer prevention in the Linitest device and/or in the washing machine
- Legibility and clarity of packing information
- Disinfection effect
- Heavy-duty, color and mild wash detergents (powder, tablets or liquid products)
- Descaling products (powder, tablets or liquid products)
- Booster products (e.g. stain salts, pretreatment products)
- Color or dirt catcher sheets
Our investigations are usually conducted as comparative product tests - objective performance comparisons of defined characteristics against at at least one reference product.
Hohenstein emphasizes practical design for real-life conditions and considers current regulations and standards. The reference product can either be a previous model of your product or another product for competitive benchmarking.
These neutral comparisons provide market transparency that consumers, retailers and manufacturers expect.