We have been conducting anthropometric studies for 60 years - previously with a measuring tape, but since 1999 using 3D technology. With our 4D scanner, real body measurements and shapes can be recorded - during relevant movements. This data is essential in developing reliable size tables for each target group.
We partner with manufacturers, brands and retailers on customized projects, including 3D visualization (avatars) of specific customer groups. We not only record the body data in 3D, we also help you to convert it into a perfect fit and consistent sizing.
- How do movement and body shape affect fit?
- How does fit affect range of motion and ergonomic comfort?
- Measurements of men, women and children
- Masurements of special target groups such as men’s and women’s plus sizes or seniors
- Full bodies, heads, hands, feet
- 3D scans from SizeNorthAmerica (14,460) and SizeGERMANY (13,000) studies
- 3D simulation of fit
- Testing shaping effects based on 3D/4D body scans
- Body movement measurements for fit in motion
- Customized 3D body, head, foot and hand models
- 3D testing and optimization of ergonomic comfort
- Series measurements and measurement studies
- Optimization and development of customized size tables
- Size concepts for made-to-measure clothing, online shopping and textile rental
- Special projects, such as the impact check of sports bras: testing of the support function of sports bras in motion
While fit testing on human subjects is still indispensable, 3D and 4D technologies are valuable for an optimized product development process:
- Based on the 3D/4D body data, we analyze the body shapes of your customer group, advise on the size designation and adapt and optimize size tables for your customer group
- In combination with test fittings with human subjects, we check forming properties of shapewear based on body scans. The results give comprehensive information about shapewear effectiveness
- Fit in motion is important. We use 4D scanning to see fit and range of motion during movement to optimize the ergonomic comfort of workwear, PPE, fashion and sportswear. For example, the functionality and impact of sports bras is analyzed - statically and in motion. In addition, we've developed a method to determine the pressure load that a bra strap exerts on the shoulder
- With the help of our 3D simulation systems, you can virtually try designs on realistic body shapes. The accelerated product development process and reduction or elimination of prototypes directly affects your profits