Biocides are diverse in their effectiveness and health risks. Hohenstein textile biologists are neutral, 3rd-party experts who help you sort through technologies, their safety issues and the approval process for specific applications.
- Certification of antimicrobial or antibacterial activity (ASTM E 2149, DIN EN ISO 20743, ISO 22196, JIS Z 2801)
- Sophisticated test systems for odor analysis
- Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics testing to provide evidence of their efficacy (DIN EN 13727, etc.)
Hohenstein is accredited for the required microbiological investigations and offers customized testing for bacteria, molds and yeasts.
- Evaluate disinfecting washing procedures and disinfectants for industry and household, whereby different requirements and specifications must be observed
- Approval of products under the European Biocidal Products Directive requires proof of sufficient efficacy
Both the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) and the German Association for Applied Hygiene (VAH) maintain lists of tested and approved disinfection procedures. For inclusion in these lists as well as for the general efficacy test, we offer tests according to valid European standards as well as the standardized methods of VAH.