- Heavy-duty, color and mild wash detergents (powder, tablets or liquid products)
- Descaling products (powder, tablets or liquid products)
- Booster products (e.g. stain salts, pretreatment products)
- Color or dirt catcher sheets
In our well-equipped household laundry technology facilities, our specialists test the cleaning effect, primary and secondary washing effects, labeling conformity, disinfection and effect on the washed item.
- Removal of natural stains
- Removal of dirt on test fabrics
- Cleaning effect and/or dirt dispersing capability
- Loss of firmness and/or chemical damage of the washed item
- Inorganic and/or organic fabric encrustation
- Retention of color tone and/or surface protection
- Color transfer prevention in the Linitest device and/or in the washing machine
- Legibility and clarity of packing information
- Disinfection effect
Many of our investigations are conducted as comparative product tests - objective performance comparisons of defined characteristics against at at least one reference product.
Hohenstein emphasizes practical test design for real-life conditions and considers current regulations and standards. The reference product can be a previous model of your product or another product for competitive benchmarking.
In addition to their cleaning effect, an important performance characteristic of detergents is whether - and to what extent - undesirable odors remain in the textiles after washing. We assess detergent products, such as powders, liquid detergents or gel caps, for how much they reduce or completely prevent sweat odor.
Garments are worn by test subjects during an application-specific activity.
Sweat odor intensity is evaluated by experienced panelists (consumers) and trained odor testers (according to VDI 3882) using an olfactrometric sampling device.