We work with retailers, brands, textile producers, importers and processors to test raw, intermediate and end products of all processing stages of the textile chain, including leather products and accessories. From the tensile strength of performance upholstery to the color fastness of textiles and the safety of products, independent quality assessments play an important role in compliance with international standards, legal regulations, customer requirements and consumer and environmental protection.
- Quality testing (pilling, color fastness, waterproofness, fiber fineness, dimensional stability, fabric strength, air permeability, abrasion, washing, color, etc.)
- Performance testing (water resistance, waterproofness, breathability/permeability to air, pilling, washing tests, etc.)
- Determination of fiber composition (EU Textile Labelling Act, etc.)
- Validation of legal compliance or requirements beyond regulations (REACH, CPSIA, individual RSLs, etc.)
- Testing to international Restricted Substance Lists (RSLs) or Manufacturing Restricted Substance Lists (MRSLs)
- Wastewater and sludge testing (ZDHC, OEKO-TEX®, Greenpeace, etc.)
- Preparation of expert reports for legal claims
- OEKO-TEX® certifications, such as OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 - annually updated, independent certification for textiles at all processing levels
Hohenstein offers a variety of inspection modules that help eliminate processing errors across all production phases. This ensures a consistently high material and product quality.
- Qualitative and quantitative attributes of yarns and fabrics for identification or compliance (EU Textile Labelling Directives, etc.)
- Fiber analysis and determination: microscopically, mechanically and chemically
- Investigation of fiber damage, microfiber shedding, qualitative gene analysis, complaint processing