MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® is a traceable product label that is issued for textiles that have been:
- Tested for harmful substances
- Produced in environmentally friendly facilities
- Produced in safe and socially responsible workplaces
The MADE IN GREEN label can be awarded to any textile product at any stage of production, enabling a whole new level of transparency for companies and consumers.
MADE IN GREEN labeled products must meet the following requirements:
- Each component that makes up at least 5% of the total weight of the labeled product must originate from production facilities that have been certified with STeP by OEKO-TEX®.
- At least 85% of a labeled product's total weight must originate from production facilities that have been STeP certified.
- All cut and sew and wet-chemical processing must take place in a STeP certified facility.
- The product must be STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified.
Interim products that are sold to companies within the supply chain must be certified with STeP by OEKO-TEX® and meet all the criteria mentioned above.
The MADE IN GREEN label requires annual renewal. A purchaser of a MADE IN GREEN labeled product must be able to trace the information for five years. If there are any changes to the supply chain that relate to the label requirements, a new label must be issued.
The product ID provides information about where a product was manufactured and shows that it has been tested for harmful substances and produced in accordance with OEKO-TEX® principles.
MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® is a traceable product label for textiles that have been tested for harmful substances plus manufactured with environmentally friendly and socially responsible production processes.
Hohenstein Institute America