In considering the environmental impact of textiles, there’s no way to avoid microfibers. Hohenstein has been at the forefront of this research since 2016.
- Measure the mass of shed material using filtration according to the University of Leeds/The Microfibre Consorium (UoL/TMC) Method
- Quantify fiber count, attributes and size distribution using Hohenstein’s method for Dynamic Image Analysis (DIA)
- Near future: Determine the microplastics’ chemical composition using Hohenstein’s method for laser-based infrared spectroscopy (LD-IR)
- Quantified status quo for informed development or claim verification
- Identification and analysis of fiber-based microparticles
- Independent verification of sustainability efforts