Safely and Sustainably Regulated - Reusable Period Underwear
Reusable period panties offer a convenient, more sustainable alternative or supplement to conventional hygiene products for girls and women.
However, determining performance (absorbance, comfort, leak-proof) is only possible through testing.
In cooperation with textile producer Femtech/MAS, we have developed a test method (FEMTECHMAS-HOHENSTEIN-6513-2022:01) that covers essential requirements for reusable period underwear. The test method specifies, among other things, the maximum absorption capacity before leakage.
Suitable for: All types of body fluids (e.g. menstruation, urinary incontinence, etc.)
- Fluid absorption capacity
- Retention capacity of absorbed liquid
- Speed of liquid absorbtion
- Strongly recommended: Fit
- Optional: durability or service life
In addition, the following claims can be tested:
- Antimicrobial efficacy against relevant test germs (e.g. bacteria, yeasts)
- Biocompatibility (cytotoxicity, sensitization and irritation)
- Olfactometric comparative study on odor management
- Use simulation (frequent washing)
- Removability of stains
- Other common textile tests
Whether for bladder weakness or heavy periods, your customers can safely rely on products that have been awarded the Hohenstein Quality Label.