Asbestos fibers penetrate deep into the lungs when inhaled and cause long-term damage to health.
Even small amounts of asbestos are enough to cause contamination on textiles. For example, in older buildings, there is high risk of released asbestos fibers contaminating firefighters' protective clothing. To protect the users' health, you need objective evidence that PPE and other textiles are not contaminated with asbestos.
Asbestos testing helps you:
- Detect contamination before or after reprocessing
- Determine if a process has successfully removed contamination
- Protect users and your expensive PPE investment
We analyze textile materials and PPE (unwashed or reprocessed) for asbestos fibers.
To do this, we use adhesive strips to take samples from areas where contamination is likely to occur - e.g. in the shoulder and arm area of textile PPE.
Any detection of asbestos fibers is clearly stated in the test report so that you can take the necessary steps for professional reprocessing or decontamination.
- Quality assurance
- Comparison of new and washed samples
- Analyzing damage claims
- Surface analysis, e.g. finishes and coatings, etc.