OEKO-TEX® provides tools for management and communication of safety and sustainability efforts. The modular system ensures these services work together for traceability, transparency and cost reduction along the textile and leather supply chains.
Certifications for verified chemicals (ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX®), materials (STANDARD 100 and LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX®) and manufacturing facilities (STeP by OEKO-TEX®) ease sourcing decisions, meet sustainability goals and protect reputations.
Globally, over 21,000 manufacturers, brands and retailers formally work with OEKO-TEX®, with many more using the system internally.
- 196+ countries with differing & constantly changing laws
- Public, government, and NGO focus on chemicals used in and released from manufacturing
- Factory output, from waste to product, is a result of incoming chemicals
- Contract manufacturing complicates chemical management & transparency
- Extensive water use and discharge
- Soil & groundwater contamination
- Effective consumer protection
- Protection and enhancement of brand reputation
- Compliance with global regulations, UN SDGs and NGOs
- Alignment with industry initiatives (ZDHC, AAFA, REACH, CPSIA, etc.)
- Sustainable chemical management
- Sustainable sourcing and transparent supply chain management
- Internal compliance for supply chain - instead of proprietary RSLs and extra testing
- Traceable, 3rd party labels for sustainability story
Hohenstein Institute America