DETOX TO ZERO by OEKO-TEX® is an easy-to-use verification system for textile facilities that wish to achieve the Greenpeace Detox campaign objectives. DETOX TO ZERO is not a classic pass/fail certification system. Instead, it emphasizes continuous improvement through regular analysis of company practices with a plan to reduce hazardous substances in production and introduce environmental protection measures. DETOX TO ZERO compiles an annual status report that lists the chemicals used and assesses waste and wastewater handling and environmental protection measures. It gives both the production facility and its customers a tool for continuous monitoring of progress toward Detox campaign fulfillment.
- Steady optimization and continuous monitoring of chemical management system based on the Detox campaign objectives
- Compliance with legal and/or NGO requirements
- The status report provides a plan for continuous improvement to ensure that the chemicals used comply with DETOX TO ZERO by OEKO-TEX® MRSL
- Efficient tool for communicating the status of fulfilled Greenpeace Detox requirements
- Independent data evaluation and verification
- Key textile expertise by your side at every stage from data collection to the final evaluation
- Full integration into the OEKO-TEX® system for product responsibility is possible at any time with STeP by OEKO-TEX®
- Optimization of process and product safety at every stage along the textile chain
- Opportunity to implement your “Detox” commitment and convey your efficient, credible and sustainable procurement procedures to over 16,000 users of OEKO-TEX® around the world
DETOX TO ZERO by OEKO-TEX® enables textile industry manufacturers to assess the status of their chemical management systems and the quality of their wastewater and sludge and to document through independent verification. The ultimate goal is to completely eliminate eleven dangerous chemical groups from textile production because these groups contaminate the environment and can accumulate in the human body.
DETOX TO ZERO is designed for the supply chain of brands and retailers that have signed up to the Greenpeace Detox agreement and for suppliers and purchasers who endeavor to proactively ensure compliance with the objectives of the Greenpeace Detox campaign.
The DETOX TO ZERO status report is valid for one year.
When applying for the DETOX TO ZERO, specify HOHENSTEIN as the institute you'd like to work with. Contact us if you need any help.