OEKO-TEX® provides tools for management and communication of safety and sustainability efforts. The modular system ensures these services work together for traceability, transparency and cost reduction along the textile and leather supply chains.
The OEKO-TEX® product labels help consumers find certified products that have been tested for harmful substances (STANDARD 100 and LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX®) and manufactured in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible way (MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX®). Labels are based on OEKO-TEX® certification standards that are annually updated and renewed.
Certifications for verified chemicals (ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX®) and manufacturing facilities (STeP by OEKO-TEX®) ease sourcing decisions and improve sustainable manufacturing.
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® and LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® are for textile and leather products that have been tested for harmful substances and MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® is for sustainably produced textile products.
OEKO-TEX® certifications offer credible, independent proof of sustainability efforts.
OEKO-TEX® services help you manage your sustainability goals.
- 196+ countries with differing & constantly changing laws
- Public, government, and NGO focus on chemicals used in and released from manufacturing
- Factory output, from waste to product, is a result of incoming chemicals
- Contract manufacturing complicates chemical management & transparency
- Extensive water use and discharge
- Soil & groundwater contamination
- Protection and enhancement of brand reputation
- Effective consumer protection with safer products
- Compliance with global regulations and NGOs
- Sustainable chemical management
- Sustainable sourcing and transparent supply chain management
- Environmentally friendly production
- Socially responsible working conditions
- Internal compliance for supply chain - instead of proprietary RSLs and extra testing
- Alignment with industry initiatives (ZDHC, AAFA, REACH, CPSIA, etc.)
- Traceable, 3rd party labels for sustainability story
Hohenstein Institute America